The newly-formed West Midlands Local Policy Innovation Partnership (WM LPIP) is inviting industry leaders to share their perspective at the inaugural meeting at University of Wolverhampton’s Springfield Campus on 20th June 2023, at 8:30am.
What’s it about?
Local Policy Innovation Partnerships are a new initiative funded by the European and social Research Council in UK Research & Innovation (UKRI) with the express purpose of tackling levelling up challenges, driving sustainable and inclusive economic growth and reducing regional disparities.
Birmingham City University (BCU) is delighted to play a key role in this, contributing as one of a consortium of regional universities and non-academic partners from local government, business and the third sector.
How Can You Benefit?
Business delegates will get the opportunity to discuss the challenges facing the region, their vision for the future, and how universities, policymakers, and the public can better collaborate.
The scope of discussion will include:
- Capitalising on the region’s industrial heritage assets
- Transforming the image of the region and pride in place
- Innovation for the future – including managing the implications for sectors and skills
- The role of culture and the arts in place-based development
- Creating thriving, inclusive and healthy places for all
Interested in securing your place? Contact email@example.com.
Find out more about Birmingham City University’s involvement here.