This course is for SMEs in the West Midlands only. It runs for 4 hours each on Thursday 29th September, 6th October and 13th October.
About this event
Organisations in the built environment, construction and property related sectors need to react to ambitious targets to reduce Carbon emissions. This affects their own way of working as much as the products or services they provide. The need to measure, monitor and evidence such reductions, makes good data and the skills to interpret it essential. This course gives you the opportunity to build the right data skills.
The 12 hours course, delivered by Birmingham City University (BCU), will provide an introduction to the concepts of data analytics and the use of machine learning. Led by expert trainers, you will then apply these techniques on real life data sets.
Join us if you would like to:
- Learn in interactive, small groups with other professionals from your sector.
- Improve your skills and learn to use advanced principles of data analytics such as data mining, data visualisation, reporting.
- Take your first steps into the use of machine learning.
- Working on a real case study, you will review your understanding of energy consumption of buildings; learn how to analyse related data and create comprehensive insights.
29/09/2022, 09:00-13:00 hours
06/10/2022, 09:00-13:00 hours
13/10/2022, 09:00-13:00 hours
- Data Professionals / Data Analysts.
- Energy Performance Professionals (retrofit, new built, renewables).
- Anyone interested in understanding data analytics e.g. in a role that looks at data for analysis or monitoring purposes.
- People that are responsible for driving environmental sustainability or carbon reduction plans and wish to generate better data and
- People in the construction and retrofit supply chains that need to evidence energy performance of buildings, products or services.
Benefits to Business:
- Fully funded course; refreshments included on the day.
- Receive a certificate for 12-hours of non-credit bearing CPD to evidence professional development.
- Delivered by BCU experts that understand the latest data analysis methods and tools.
- Applied learning supported by trainers to help you work through tasks.
- Hybrid Course delivery: Option to join online or on campus.
- Use free web based tools and ready prepared data to allow you to create your own analysis.
This course is offered by BCU as part of the Ecrofit project. It is fully funded by BCU and the European Regional Development Fund. To be eligible for this free course you need to confirm that you are:
- A small or medium sized enterprise.
- Have a registered office in the West Midlands.
- Have received less than €200,000 in state aid in the preceding three years.
Once you have registered, a member of our team will be in touch with you to confirm your eligibility to attend. Alternatively, you can fill in the ERDF application form now.
Find out more about the Ecrofit project and other ways of collaborating with BCU here.